Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sports MANIA!!!

So, I've decided to dedicate an entire post to sports and the excitement that has been taking over my brain.

First thing's first.  THE GIANTS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!! I've been slowly piecing my life back together since that awful year of the Angels and that damn rally monkey.  If they really do it, I'm going to go bazzzzerk.

It really has been so exciting, with all those one run games the Giants like to play.  Crazy as it is, I have stayed up and watched almost all of their post-season games so far.  I think last night's game takes the cake though, it was a pretty long game and ended at about 5:45AM here.  I was sitting on my bed in the dark, computer on lap, fist pumping the air and trying hard not to run around the house yelling.  I think that's as awake as I've ever been at the time in the morning.

So I'll definitely be watching games 1 and 2 here this week, but on Saturday I leave for Spain and Portugal over my fall break.  I wasn't going to bring my computer backpacking around, but now I have no choice.  Luckily all our hostels have wi-fi.  I was really loving the day games they had 'cause they started at a reasonable hour for me, but of course they all have to start at prime time in the WS.  I guess 2AM will be my time to head in from the Spanish night life... hopefully they don't all go 3 hrs and 45 min.  Either way, I may be needing some serious siesta time.

Ok, second thing's second.  There are only 6 people (including me/nick and jim/dad, so 4 others) left out of 45 in my suicide NFL football pool with all my dad's pilot friends.  Winner take all... all being $4,500.  It is soooo hard not to think (everyday) about what I could do with that kind of money, but I know it's still a long shot.  I can not stop thinking about it... It's starting to get more difficult now, hopefully I can get a little lucky.  This and a Giants WS win would make for quite a fall 2010.

It can be sort of frustrating being here while my Giants are in the fall classic.  It's not so much that the games aren't on TV or that they start at 2AM, as it is that everybody could care less about baseball here (if they know what it is).  Of course it is always nice to get excited and watch the games with some fellow fans.  It is just hard to be so excited and have nobody really understand why!  So here I am blogging about it... This will work.  It is really awesome to see all the bay area friends and family going crazy about it on facebook by the way.  I even have most of Caitlin's family rooting for the ole Giants.  Seeing some status updates that reflect how I feel makes me feel a bit more sane. HA!

Don't the Giants owe me something? Like #1 fan award or something? Season tickets would be sufficient...
Anywhoo, go Giants!

3 comments:

  1. you should try to find an expat bar in town... jason found one in buenos aires to watch the super bowl and had a great time! surely you can find one is spain...good luck! and GO GIANTS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is for you Chrish! Good luck on the pool!!!!!!!!!!!! You and Nick deserve to win it this time!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete